Udemy Learn and Understand NodeJS (2016) / Specification
Language Of Instruction: English
Teacher: Anthony Alicea
Educational Level: Beginner, intermediate, Advanced
Training Time: 13h
Date Of Release: 17:04 – 23-10-2016
Udemy Learn and Understand NodeJS (2016) / Description
You’ll learn how asynchronous code works in Node and the Node event loop, as well as how to use the event emitter, streams, buffers, pipes, and work with files. We’ll see how that leads to building a web server in Node.
We’ll dive into web sites, web apps and APIs with Express and learn how Express can save us time as Node developers.
You’ll also gain an understanding of npm, connecting to databases, and the MEAN stack!
NodeJS doesn’t have to be hard to learn. The biggest mistake most coding tutorials make is expecting someone to learn simply by imitating others’ code. Real world situations are never exactly like the tutorial.
I believe the best way to learn is to understand how a tool works and what it does for you, look at examples, and then try it yourself. That’s how this course is built, with the goal to help you both learn and understand NodeJS.
Note: In this course you’ll also get downloadable source code. You will often be provided with ‘starter’ code, giving you the base for you to start writing your code, and ‘finished’ code to compare your code to.
– Section 1: Introduction and Setup
– Section 3: The Node Core
– Section 4: Modules, Exports, and Require
– Section 5: Events and the Event Emitter
– Section 6: Asynchronous Code, libuv, The Event Loop, Streams, Files, and more…
– Section 7: HTTP and being a Web Server
– Section 8: NPM: the Node Package Manager
– Section 9: Express
– Section 11: The MEAN stack
– Section 12: Let’s Build an App! (in record time)
Show full description >